2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2006 10:00 AM by PerMork

Open ASP page with Flash (newbie)

pde1
      I am trying to open a premade .asp page when the user clicks a button. I have tried to use the getURL code but it asks me to open or save the file. I click open, and it opens in DreamWeaver. This is my code:

getURL("contact.asp", "_blank")

I know I may be going about it the wrong way, but the truth is, I know nothing about .asp and thought it was the same as a regular web page. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks in advance!!!
        • 1. Re: Open ASP page with Flash (newbie)
          Level 7
          an asp page must be processed and delivered by a web server. Hence the
          name "active server pages"... if you try to call it as a file, you will
          get exactly what you are experiencing

pde1 wrote:
          > I am trying to open a premade .asp page when the user clicks a button. I have
          > tried to use the getURL code but it asks me to open or save the file. I click
          > open, and it opens in DreamWeaver. This is my code:
          >
          > getURL("contact.asp", "_blank")
          >
          > I know I may be going about it the wrong way, but the truth is, I know nothing
          > about .asp and thought it was the same as a regular web page. Any suggestions
          > will be helpful. Thanks in advance!!!
          >
          • 2. Re: Open ASP page with Flash (newbie)
            PerMork
            I am really not an expert either, but I used the .sendAndLoad() function when I needed to send things to a dynamic page (and thus open it). This is a copy/paste of something I used to send things to a PHP-file (same consept as ASP). This code also include that you send some values to the targeted file. Hope you understand it :)

//create the LoadVars objects
            //one to send data...
            dataSender = new LoadVars();

/*DEFINE SUBMIT BUTTON BEHAVIOR*/
            submit_mc.onRelease = function() {

//final check to make sure fields are completed
            if (guestname.text != '') {
            error_txt.text='';//clear any previous error messages or warnings

//assign properties to LoadVars object created previously
            dataSender.name = guestname.text;
            dataSender.email = guestemail.text;
            dataSender.message = guestcomment.text;
            play(); //advance playhead to frame 2 - the "processing" message

//now send data to script
            dataSender.sendAndLoad("processGuestbook.php", dataReceiver, "POST");

} else {
            //warning if user tries to submit before completing form
            error_txt.text = "Please at least enter your name before submitting form.";
            }
            }