5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2010 10:11 PM by Todd_Kopriva Branched from an earlier discussion.

After Effects SWF export

TracidTrax

i seem to be having some trouble exporting to SWF from AE and succesfully playing it back. When i go to preview it in the htm file it creates or if im adding it into dreamweaver the swf file doesnt animate at all, its just a static image. If i render it as a FLV file it works fine

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Ae to SWF
          bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

Best to start your own thread. You will want to include some of your sytem and project specs as well as rationalizing why you need the SWF.

bogiesan

• 2. Re: After Effects SWF export
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

[branched to a new thread]

There's seldom any reason or benefit to exporting a SWF file directly from After Effects. Relatively few things are preserved as vectors (which is the main reason to export a SWF file). See this page for details.

There are several options for creating movies from After Effects that will play in Flash Player. See this section for more information.

• 3. Re: After Effects SWF export
              Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

If it renders fine a FLV why do take that into Flash and export from Flash it would give you the opportunity to add your interactivity if there is to be any.

Although I agree if it works fine as an FLV are you not better off that way?

• 4. Re: After Effects SWF export
                TracidTrax Level 1

Thanks Todd for creating a new thread, didnt really want to spam the forums with so many SWF threads about.

Well im basically making a banner for a website with some minor animations that would automatically play only once when the user enters the website.

Some of the projects specs are that i created a custom composition (900pxx270px) and imported a slightly photoshopped JPEG image. I then added a ripple effect to the single layer being the JPEG image, i then hit export to SWF and kept the image quality to maximum and I didnt rasterize

Any suggestions on what im doing wrong and y I cant get the SWF to play back at all?

• 5. Re: After Effects SWF export
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Don't export raster images to SWF. There's no point. Stick with F4V and FLV. If you're starting with a JPEG, which is a bitmap/raster image, then you have no chance of getting your animation out in the SWF vector format.