3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2010 1:29 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Question about after effects

javid73

I just build a video intro in After Effects. I exported it as a QuickTime file it looks great!

But when I inported it into Premiere to add sound, once I exported it out of Premiere

the quality was really bad. In fact most if not all of the videos I export from Premiere

looks terrible.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here.

• 1. Re: Question about after effects
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

We need much more information. What version of After Effects? What operating system? What codec did you use for export? What do you mean by "looks bad"? (A screenshot would help.)

Also, why are you asking a question on the After Effects forum if you say that everything is fine in After Effects but the result out of Premiere Pro looks bad? If the issue is with Premiere Pro, then you should ask on the Premiere Pro forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere

• 2. Re: Question about after effects
            javid73 Level 1

Sorry about that

I am currently using Adobe After Effects CS3

My OS is Windows Vista

I'm not really sure what codec is

and I asked the question here in hopes that someone would be able to answer it.

When I say it looks bad I mean the quality is no good, after exporting it from After Effects it was nice a clear, but once I exported it from Premiere it got really grainy.

• 3. Re: Question about after effects
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8
              > I'm not really sure what codec is

There's some basic information about codecs here and here.

> and I asked the question here in hopes that someone would be able to answer it.

Again, if things look fine in After Effects and the bad result is what comes out of Premiere Pro, then the Premiere Pro forum is the better place to ask your question.

When you ask your question on the Premiere Pro forum, be sure to provide information about your output settings in Premiere Pro, and it would be very helpful to give a screenshot so that people know what result you're getting that you're trying to avoid or explain.