3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2011 11:52 AM by the_wine_snob

Create Custom Project Settings?

britishcolumbia1

Hello there,

I am running Premiere Elements 9 and I would like to create custom project settings.  Basically all I need is a frame rate of 24fps and an aspect ratio of 4:3.  However in the list of default project settings the closest I can get is 24fps with 16:9.  I have so far been unsuccessful finding out how I can change these settings on my project.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andy

• 1. Re: Create Custom Project Settings?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Andy,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, PrE does not offer a direct way to create Custom Presets, as PrPro does with its Desktop Preset, where most parameters can be adjusted.

Now, some have had good luck, with hacking the closest PrE Preset to their needs. There are a couple of older threads, reporting levels of success, plus some failures. I'd do a Search for "custom presets," and maybe some similar terms, and read. Do not recall how complete the instructions might be, or not be, but I would read over everything that I could find, before launching out, and would also make sure to work with a Copy of any Preset that I was attempting to hack.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Create Custom Project Settings?
            britishcolumbia1 Level 1

Thanks, I checked around and found a preset to suit my project!

• 3. Re: Create Custom Project Settings?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Excellent. In several threads, and for several different versions, there have been some Presets uploaded, or instructions made available.

Also, with almost every release of PrE, more Presets are added. I would love to see the Desktop Preset from PrPro added, because it allows for most parameters to be customized, to suit the source footage. So far, that has not been added. Maybe PrE 10?

Good luck,

Hunt