6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 1:48 PM by staheph1

1 second media pending, random occur

staheph1

CS5 on Win7 64Bit, 6.4GB RAM reserved for CS5, Quadcore 2.4, all data on internal HDD, all Cachefiles and other Data in Projectfolders.

1440x1080 (1.3333) Project, 25 fps, PAL, 48000Hz, 1.5hours duration, 69 different Objects, biggest 9.2GB, mpeg, m2ts, mp3, wav

I exported the movie with CS5 Mediaencoder in PAL, 1280x720, 25 fps, Quality 4.0, MPEG, 384Kbit/s, 48kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo, VBR, 1-Pass, Min. 4.00, Goal 10.00, Max 18.50 MBit/s

Random "Media Pending" screen appears for one second in the exported file which is flawless apart from that. They don't appear in the premiere editor though. The preview never has the media pending screens.

I did found out though, that they appear mostly whenever it jumps from a little object to the big objects. I used 4 cameras of which one was on a tripod recording line in sound and the stage from above. so if I use one of the other cameras to cover the part where "Media Pending" occurs, then it gets only shifted to the point where I stopped covering it, but again only for one second, eventhough its the same object just a bit later.

solutions anyone?

Philipp

• 1. Re: 1 second media pending, random occur
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Media Pending means just that - the program is processing some aspect of the media in use. There could be several reasons for this. The program could be Indexing the material. This happens with MPEG material most often. This ARTICLE will give you a bit more background.

It could also be that some other program, like Windows Indexing is locking the material, and PrPro cannot access it at that moment. This ARTICLE will give you a bit of background on that.

There are probably a few other causes, and maybe others will chime in with some of those.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 1 second media pending, random occur
            staheph1 Level 1

Thank you for the very fast answer.

I indeed forgot to tell that I have an indexing issue. The biggest file, a 9.2GB mpg (converted from a sony .m2ts with CS5 Media Encoder), is being indexed everytime I export, or load the project.

So I took your advice and cleared all the media cache files. Infact I moved all the files to a backup to force PrPro to reindex the whole Project and deactivated the xmp injection before. I also deactivated windows indexing for the internal HDD that stores all the data.

After a PC reboot and full reindexing the "Media Pending" still occurs at the same place, just that it is now 2 seconds long.

I did get an error message during the project loading, saying (translated from german):

Unknown Error during adapting of the following file:    [the-big-mpg-mentioned-above].cfa

What else can I do? In the article you said you had problems with mpg and maybe want people to send them in for analysis?

Philipp

• 3. Re: 1 second media pending, random occur
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Do you have the very latest update for CS5? That fixed some Indexing and Conforming issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: 1 second media pending, random occur
                staheph1 Level 1

I'm working with Version 5.0.2 (075 (MC: 218798))

The latest seems to be 5.0.3? I am at a school working station and do not have the admin rights to perform an update. Will check in later.

• 5. Re: 1 second media pending, random occur
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Here's a note from the release notes for the 5.0.3 update:

"Fixed issues regarding indexing of MPEG files, including unresponsive UI  during indexing and some cases of unnecessary re-indexing of media  shared across a network."

• 6. Re: 1 second media pending, random occur
                    staheph1 Level 1

The update cleared all the problems.

Thank you all for your expert support! I was very glad to find competent support.

Philipp