2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2011 7:26 AM by bogiesan-xSdJwH

I  need help with Shatter effect

Java_Junkie8121 Level 1

For the first time in my life I've chosen this effect. I'll be quick, I need to blow up Moon, but when I put shatter to it I can't see the moon anymore, I tweaked those settings, nothing. I can only see the trajectory of Moon's revolution I created. Any help tweaking those settings?

• 1. Re: I  need help with Shatter effect
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

There are resources here that show you how to use the Shatter effect.

You description of your problem isn't very clear (Screenshots help.), but I'll venture a guess:

You haven't set View to Rendered in the Effect Controls panel for the effect. So, you're just seeing the wireframe representation of the forces and such.

Please, do us all a favor and read the documentation for features before using them and while you use them. There's a search box in the upper-right of the application window.

• 2. Re: I  need help with Shatter effect
            bogiesan-xSdJwH Level 1

I started using Shatter when Brian first released it in the Atomic Power series (Or was that Atomic Energy? So long ago and so many updates!). I love it. Brian invested a full hour of Total Training VHS time trying to explain the basic operations; just the basics. Advanced applications required another two hours of material. It's a shame those tutorials aren't archived on Total Training's site or here at Adobe.

So I got three hours of material from the guy who invented the plugin and I've used Shatter on hundreds of projects since then. And every time I apply it, I look at the dozens of controls and think, "Holy crap!"

There's nothing easy about Shatter. Nothing. But it will become a favorite of yours after you invest twenty or thirty hours learning how to use it.

bogiesan