4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2011 9:02 AM by Todd_Kopriva

Classroom in a book, how to read the included dvd??

video2011

Hello,

I bought the book, Classroom in a book. The official training workbook from Adobe Systems. The book includes a dvd, so you can exercise and see how to use premiere pro CS 5. As soon as I want to open a exercise or a example, my computer gives the message: Cannot read. You need Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration? I work on a Mac computer. Who can help me to explain what I need to do, so I can open my DVD to practise the examples given in the book.

Thank you very much for your answer.

(When I bought the book, it doesn't mention on the outside that I need this Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration? Is this some kind of software that I need to install?)

• 1. Re: Classroom in a book, how to read the included dvd??
          shooternz Level 6

I doubt very much that you need the MPE acceleration to run the tutorials / lessons

in the book.

Do read the instructions (in the book) that advise how to load the assets for each lesson.

Usually they advise how to set up a project and then what  assets to copy from the DVD to your local hard drive.  eg contents of Lesson 5 Folder.

• 2. Re: Classroom in a book, how to read the included dvd??
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Give the exact text of the error message.

• 3. Re: Classroom in a book, how to read the included dvd??
              video2011 Level 1

The exact text of the error message:

The scratch disks are write protected or unavailable. To open this project, the scratch disks will be set to your Documents folder. Would you like to continue. Yes or No?

I pressed Yes.

The next text is: This project was last used with Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration which is not available on this system. Mercury Playback Engine Software only be used.

A new small page: Where is the file "G?

Then I pressed cancel.

Gr. Miranda

Op 2 jan 2011, om 09:25 heeft Todd_Kopriva het volgende geschreven:

Give the exact text of the error message.

>

• 4. Re: Classroom in a book, how to read the included dvd??
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Those messages are far less severe than you indicated in your original post.

The first message is just saying that the location of the scratch disk that is set for the project is not one that will work for you, so the program has set the location to a different one. No problem. You can change the location if you want to.

The second message is just saying that one of the settings in the project relies on a piece of hardware that you don't have, so the program will go back to a setting that doesn't require that hardware. Again, no problem. Information on that setting is here.

The third message is asking you to point to where one of the assets used in the project is located. The answer depends on where you copied the lesson files to. There are isntructions in the book for this.