2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2011 8:00 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 4.0 - dump of physical memory

bpkingcobra

Hey Everyone,

I was in the  process of burning some videos(AVI format) and when i went to the green  "SHARE" tab and would select DISK(to burn DVD), it would freeze up, then  immediately go to a blue screen and come up with a error message of  'BEGINNING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY'.  Windows recovery indicated a  problem with the PX Engine and an update was available.  I went to the  website and downloaded the update, rebooted the PC, and tried again but  still got the memory dump message.

i have burned many  pictures on DVD creating slideshows and such but this is my first time  burning actual video onto a DVD.  I figured the process for burning  video is the same as burning pics.  i created a picture slide show  afterwards and it burned it just fine - no errors.

Am i doing something wrong?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0 - dump of physical memory
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It could be a number of things.

How much free, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive? Are you using more than one drive to edit your video? If so, is your second drive formatted NTFS rather than FAT32?

You say you're using AVIs as your source video. Are these DV-AVIs captured over FireWire from a miniDV camcorder?

Also, did you ensure, when you started up this video project, that you saved it within its own, new folder rather than saving its .prel project file to an open area of your hard drive?

Finally, if you're using version 4, I'm assuming you're also using an older operating system and an older computer. If so, your system could well benefit from some basic operating system maintenance.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390602?tstart=30

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0 - dump of physical memory
            the_wine_snob Level 9

A BSOD is a major problem, and is very often a sign of hardware issues. The main causes are:

Heat buildup - in the CPU, or the HDD's

RAM - bad, or going bad

PSU - going bad, or improperly connected

MoBo - going bad

This ARTICLE will link to tools that will help you track those elements, and possibly show the bad element, or potentially bad element.

I would also change Reboot on Error, to OFF, so that you can write down the report on the BSOD. There might be something in that load of "abstract code" that will be helpful, but maybe not. Also, when one reboots after a BSOD, Windows will usually yield an error message to the effect of "Windows has recovered from a serious problem... " and will often help you trace the issue. Also, this ARTICLE will give you tips for finding clues as to what was happening, just before the BSOD.

If nothing else works, see this ARTICLE.

Before doing anything else, I would solve the BSOD issue.

Good luck,

Hunt