2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2011 10:17 AM by Alivalhur

AU3 Click/pop eliminator effect implemented in next version of AU4 ?

Alivalhur

Will this powerful effect (available in AU3) be available in next version of AU4 ?

• 1. Re: AU3 Click/pop eliminator effect implemented in next version of AU4 ?
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

This effect is now available in two locations (with different levels of interactivity.)

The first is under Effects > Noise Reduction/Restoration > Automatic Click Remover

The second is in the Diagnotics panel, select the DeClicker effect.

Both allow you to specify the Threshold and Complexity levels used by the reduction algorithm.  The second mode, in the Diagnostics panel, allows you to preview each "click" or "pop" found and select which to repair, or repair them all at once.  The first just automatically fixes everything it believes to be a click/pop.

• 2. Re: AU3 Click/pop eliminator effect implemented in next version of AU4 ?
            Alivalhur Level 1

Well, I tried the "Diagnostic" panel but:

- the "repair" button did not work

- the "repair all" works

- the "clear repaired" do not work

So I will wait for the next version for a new try.

I did not test the efficacity of the two available options but seems that the only difference is the "repair" button.

But I have to stress that the tunnig provided by AU3 is far more complete. It would be very good to have the same for AU4.

Thanks for your answer.