I have only been using Director for a short while and I am
trying to figure out how to create an interactive pull down menu.
There would be a title (click on title) then a series of Chapters
would show up under the title. By clicking on a chapter (or
releasing the mouse button) the viewer would be taken to the
beginning of that chapter. I have seen the pull down button in the
Library but have no idea on how to use it.
To use the Dropdown Menu behavior from the Controls pane of
the Library Palette:
1) Create a field member
2) Place it on the Stage
3) Open the Library Palette at the Controls pane
4) Drag the Dropdown Menu behavior onto the field sprite
5) Select the appropriate* choices in the Behavior Parameters
6) Run your movie
7) Click on the field sprite.
* What are the appropriate choices? That depends on how you
plan to design your project. You might like to start by creating a
marker label for each of your chapters, and using "Markers in this
movie" as the value for the "Contents" property.