1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2011 4:31 AM by Santhoshmraj

Chinese Reading problem

SherazAhmed.cprods2010

Hi,

I am trying to read the pdf file that have chinese characters. I am using iText. But when I read them, it will give me hex string for those characters. I had tried too much variations to retrieve those chinese characters by applying different encodings, and other decoding ways but all in vain. Can any one help me out in this problem. Because this is my assignment to solve this problem. Can anyone help?

One more thing the pdf may be created through Acrobat Writer. Because when I write the chinese characters to write in PDF using iText. Then I do not put them in hex format inside PDF. Thats why those characters are easily taken out at reading. But from that pdf I am not able to get those Chinese characters. It is giving me hex string.

Regards,

Sheraz Ahmed

• 1. Re: Chinese Reading problem
          Santhoshmraj Level 1

Hello I m facing a problem reading Chinese simplified document,,I  converted a TIFF file into PDF and installed Chinese simplified font,,my  need is to select the contents of the converted pdf and copy,paste into  a translator(google or systran) inorder to translate the chinese fonts  into English..but i could not select the converted pdf's contents in  text format,,it copies as images again..Please help with this..