1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 5:16 AM by kaledog

PDF video won't play in Reader X

kaledog

Hi and thanks for any help.

I'm trying to view embedded videos w/in a PDF file.  The little hand appears, I click, then I receive the red "X" box that states:

"Warning:  JavaScript Window -

Acrobat has encountered and error while playing this media clip:"

That's it.  Only option is to hit "OK" - which, of course, is NOT OK.  The colon after the word 'clip' implies there's a reason for the error but is terribly ineffective at letting me know which one...

I uninstalled all the adobe stuff I could, then reinstalled it all: Reader X, Air, Flash Player 10 Active X, Flash Player 10 Plugin.

I'm using a machine w/ Windows XP SP3, 2GB RAM, normal stuff although a bit out of date, I know.

I know the embedded videos work because they work on my laptop, another XP machine, and not as good as the desktop(relatively speaking, of course.)

Please help

Steve

• 1. Re: PDF video won't play in Reader X
          kaledog Level 1

Forgot to mention:

- I did accept the option to "allowed/trusted this conent always" in Reader

- I did check the "Allowed multimedia operations" w/in the Multimedia Trust (legacy) tab

- I have tried all four media players available under Multimedia (legacy) tab

thanks again