Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating 508 compliant output for access via SharePoint

Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to make our WebHelp application accessible via a Sharepoint folder, our team lead was able to move all output files (from the ISSL/WebHelp folder) to a single folder then move the files from the resource, whdata, whgdata and whxdata folders to the same [new] location so that all files associated with the RoboHelp WebHelp project are in the same area.  Next, he edited the whproj.xml file and changed the datapath from "whxdata" to " " (null). This works fine for primary layout output that isn't 508 compliant, so I duplicated the same steps after generating 508 compliant output to see if I'd get the same results.  After moving all files to a single folder and uploading to a test server (not Sharepoint), the table of contents page [frame] "can't be found".  I know that the toc tag in the whtoc.xml file has a root attribute that points to "whtdata0.xml".  This file is in the same folder as everything else.  So why does it not show the TOC?

Thanks,

Developer2000

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps the best way to answer this is to ask what your response would be if your support people came along to you saying a customer didn't like the structure of the folders in your application so they had rearranged them and now it would no longer work, what should they do?

Perhaps best not to post the reply here.

The folders and files that RoboHelp generates have many inter-dependencies and it could be some are in files you cannot edit. Who knows? It is not something Adobe would document and I have not seen anyone post anything that would help you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp