4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 10:49 AM by Jeff Bellune

Normalise Problem

Geoff Vane Level 1

A. After reading the manual, I still don't understand the difference between the four "Audio Gain" options. Could someone elaborate on the four descriptions, in such way that it becomes really clear in what happens? (maybe a tiny visual?)

B. Can anyone tell me how to undo the "Normalise master Track" in the sequence settings? (I did use normalise master track but it made things worse)

I have some audio that is too low; only about -18dB.

In CS4 I could click normalise and pull the audio up to 0 dB automatically.

I've tried all new four CS5 options, but there is little to no difference; just like it doesn't work anymore.

When I use normalise master track, to correct one soloed track for export, I get a warning about pulling up above 0 and almost no audio; Ctrl-Z does nothing.

• 1. Re: Normalise Problem
          Geoff Vane Level 1

Issue solved:

I imported a CS4 project into CS5; audio gain will behave strange

Solution:

Copy all from the CS4 timeline that was imported into CS5.

Paste it on a fresh new CS5 timeline; audio gain will work as expected.

Remove ANY previous volume alteration or effect before using the audio gain feature or it still won't work.

• 2. Re: Normalise Problem
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Geoff, would you mind submitting a bug report about this?

• 3. Re: Normalise Problem
              Geoff Vane Level 1

No sorry, I will not create any bug reports anymore, because I think Adobe should constantly examine the forum themselves.

My messages are only meant to find instant solutions for problems or warn other users against possible bugs.

But everyone is free to create bug reports on basis of what I type here.

• 4. Re: Normalise Problem
                Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional
                No sorry, I will not create any bug reports anymore

Then you are doing the community a great disservice.

But everyone is free to create bug reports on basis of what I type here

We can only guess at the exact steps and conditions that can reproduce the bug(s).  So if you take the time to post exactly what conditions existed at the time of the bug, and what exact steps you took that triggered the bug, both of which would be required for any of us other users, or any Adobe employees, to submit the bug report, then why can't you copy/paste that info into a bug report yourself?

-Jeff