1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 11:40 AM by vinceaction

Simple connection - Need help

vinceaction

Hi,

I just got my Cirrus key and was trying to make a simple connection from Flash CS5. I am using very little code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

private const CirrusAddress:String = "rtmfp://p2p.rtmfp.net";

private const DeveloperKey:String = "your-developer-key";

private var netConnection:NetConnection;   netConnection = new NetConnection(); netConnection.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, netConnectionHandler);

netConnection.connect(CirrusAddress + "/" + DeveloperKey)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a function set up to listen to the NetStatusevent, which currently has nothing in it. According to http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/rtmfp_cirrus_app.html I should be seeing some kind of connection confirmation or error, and I am receiving neither. Within that article, he says that you should see a confirmation or error, or if UDP is blocked then it would take 90 seconds to see the error. Still, am not receiving anything. I am working out of IBM so perhaps UDP is completely blocked, don't know for sure, but why am I not seeing any errors?

Anybody know what I could do or if I am missing something simple?

Thank you