9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2011 6:57 AM by kaltman01

Final resolution for video

kaltman01

I am doing a video for my compmany and i am using some photos that are of a very high dpi.

when I export the video out the pictures comes out blurry and not as crisp as when first imported in.

I currently have it set up  as desktop

video frame size is 720x405

pixal are set to square 1.0

fields are no progressice scan

30fps

i fram only mpeg

also i check render at maximum and render best still quality

should i set it up as something else? or am i missing a setting i should check?

Also the letters on the screen ( titles done in premiere) are fuzzy.

thanks for your help and time

• 1. Re: Final resolution for video
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Please post a screenshot of the result that you're unhappy with.

I think that it may just be that you're seeing the inevitable result of such a low-resolution format (standard-definition video).

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Final resolution for video
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

The DPI/PPI of the stills will be meaningless for video. They refer to the display on a computer, or for printing.

The pixel x pixel size of the images, however, can have an impact.

Before CS5, I always recommended sizing the images in PS, prior to Import, for both quality and for lower overhead in the processing of the extra pixels. With CS5 and CUDA, things changed a bit. This ARTICLE will give you tips, and for CS5, be very sure to read down to the end of the thread, and especially the comments by Todd.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Final resolution for video
              kaltman01 Level 1

One is the text. all fuzzy and the other two are images. Both are pixalated and not looking like the orignal.

I would hate to think that this is just the way the standard format looks. But like i said the images look great in the preview box. it just when i go to export the movie the image quality goes down. I am not compressing it any either. I will go read that blog. thanks for your time and if you have any other suggestions i would be more then happy to try those as well.

image01.jpgimage.jpg

• 4. Re: Final resolution for video
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

From your screenshots, I can't tell, but are you resizing the videos to fit your screen within the media player? If so, it is probably the media player's rough scaling up to full screen that is introducing the pixelation. Keep in mind that a standard-definition image (720x480 or so) takes up very little of a computer monitor (1920x1200 or whatever).

• 5. Re: Final resolution for video
                  kaltman01 Level 1

Yes that is where the pixalization is happening. I am looking at it in full screen format. If i want the video to play bigger i would have to change the 720x480 format correct?   A co worker of mine insists that it be played that way to make sure it looks good.

Thank you for your time and answers

• 6. Re: Final resolution for video
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8

>  If i want the video to play bigger i would have to change the 720x480 format correct?

Yes. If you intend to show a movie full-screen, your output movie should be the same number of pixels wide and tall as the display that you intend to show it on. Don't let the media player do the scaling for you.

• 7. Re: Final resolution for video
                      kaltman01 Level 1

Ok so what should my settings be when i set up a new project if i want it to play on a tv.. like a 32 in?

• 8. Re: Final resolution for video
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Do you have any delivery limitations? If not, go will full HD, and then use Encore to author to BD. It will not get any better than that, unless there are some surprises at the CES this week, and have not heard of any.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Final resolution for video
                          kaltman01 Level 1

So should i choose one of the presets. or is there a better set up for the project.. and what is the difference between the 1080i and the 1080p

also in encore there are only 2 choices for burning to dvd the 720X480 or the blue ray. You cant change the 720X480 format in Encore?

thank you guys so much for your time. you have really been a great help\