9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2011 2:35 PM by the_wine_snob

Can't burn in 9.0

davelalande

I have been unable to burn DVDs with Premiere Elements 9.0.  It gets 99% of the way done and fails with an Error Code of 2130970880.  This code cannot be found on the Adobe or the Internet that I can see.

I am using a Dell Precision M6500 Intel i7, 8GB of RAM with Windows 7 Ultimate.  This is the best of the breed laptops, it should work with the best mainstream products out of the box.

I am using the Share>DVD menus, straight up.  What am I doing wrong and what is error code 2130970880 and why doesn't Adobe have a master dictionary of error codes online?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

• 1. Re: Can't burn in 9.0
          gib01

Hi dave,

I don't burn DVDs from PreE. I copy them to my hard drive and then use Imageburn to burn them to my DVDs. It was Steve's suggestion and it works.

Gib

• 2. Re: Can't burn in 9.0
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Halting where you describe sounds like it is at the Burn stage, and that all Transcoding has been done.

1. The things that I would look into would be the brand of media being used. What brand is it?
            2. If firmware updates were available for my burner. What is the make/model and firmware installed?
            3. Use the suggested workflow of doing a Burn to Folder, and then the great, free burning utility, ImgBurn to do the physical burn. Does this work?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Can't burn in 9.0
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Things and Software to AVOID when authoring/burning a DVD
              Read all links/sub-links to create a "best" burned disc

Start --> http://forums.adobe.com/thread/608660?tstart=0

#2 here has WHY Explained http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607390

Plus http://forums.adobe.com/thread/562941?tstart=0

• 4. Re: Can't burn in 9.0
                davelalande Level 1

Hunt...

I am trying Imgburn now.  I have encoded my DVD to a foler.  In Imgburn how to to write the image to the DVD?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

• 5. Re: Can't burn in 9.0
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Dave,

From PrE, you burned a folder, the VIDEO_TS folder specifically. All that one needs to do with ImgBurn is choose Burn Folder/Files, and navigate to that VIDEO_TS folder, which has the necessary, IFO, BUP and VOB files inside of it - choose the VIDEO_TS folder, check the Disc Label, and burn.

An "Image," is somewhat similar, but creates a single file, an ISO, that contains the VIDEO_TS folder, and its files. This is not an option with PrE (unless PrE 9 added it). The DVD-Video from either the VIDEO_TS folder or an ISO, handled by ImgBurn, will be identical, just slightly different steps to get there.

Good luck, and let us know how ImgBurn works. Note: if you do something a bit wrong, ImgBurn has some of the funniest "error messages," I have ever seen. Be sure to read them. Some will be to the effect, "I see that you do not know what you are doing. If you just let me do it for you, all will be good."

Hunt

• 6. Re: Can't burn in 9.0
                    nealeh Level 5

Use the "Write files/folders to disc"

1.png

and then browse for the folder you created:

2.png

More guides than you shake a stick at in the ImgBurn forum.

Cheers,
                    --
                    Neale
                    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 7. Re: Can't burn in 9.0
                      davelalande Level 1

I went through this and imgburn failed as well.  I think it's something with the Adobe file.  I use a Sony HD camcorder and the files are 1440X1080 when I bring them into Adobe.

As much as it pains me to say this, I dragged the file into Windows Live Movie Maker and it tamed the video down to 720X480.  MS MM then successfully wrote it to DVD. :|  Obviously this is not a solution I can live with because I have to so some work with the videos that are outside the capabilities of MM, but I know it's not the drive or the driver now.

I will tame down the resolution of the video in Adobe and try to burn again.  I will report back here what the outcome.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

• 8. Re: Can't burn in 9.0
                        nealeh Level 5

davelalande wrote:

I use a Sony HD camcorder and the files are 1440X1080 when I bring them into Adobe.

So you did select the correct 1440x1080 Project Preset for those files? You will know if the preset was correct because, when you put the clip on the timeline, there should NOT be a red line running across the timeline.

Cheers,
                        --
                        Neale
                        Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 9. Re: Can't burn in 9.0
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

When you did a Burn to Folder, you should have had the VIDEO_TS folder. When you Open that in a DVD software player, like Cyberlink's PowerDVD, how does that play? Not sure what version of PowerDVD is needed for BD material, so check. Also, MediaPlayer Classic HC (freeware) will play BD.

At this point, I have to admit that I am very confused, and need to read everything in this thread.

You talk about Burning to Folder, and ImgBurn fails with that folder. This has to be a DVD-Video folder, as PrE does not write a BD to a folder, without a "virtual burner" program, and I recall nothing of that being mentioned.

You talk about down-rezzing in WMM to get a DVD. Are you down-rezzing in PrE too, to get your HD material to SD DVD?

You mention needing to work in HD, and not wanting to down-rez. That basically takes a BD burner, or drastically dropping the Duration of all timelines to ~ 20 min., and then going though some steps to burn HD to a DVD blank disc, but I do not recall those steps being mentioned.

Maybe the answers to all of my questions will be clear, upon re-reading the entire thread, but right now, I have more questions, than I have answers.

Good luck,

Hunt