5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2011 10:09 PM by $Nith$

Searching task from API by process instance id

hkho

Hi, I am having problem retrieving tasks by process instance id throught API.

I've look at the help, http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/programLC/help/index.html,

it got sample code to retrieve tasks, it retrieve all tasks by process name, but I need to retrieve only tasks belong to a process instance id.

how can i achieve this? any help is appreciated, thanks.

hkho

• 1. Re: Searching task from API by process instance id
          $Nith$ Level 4

The following code may retrieve the tasks for a specific process instance.

ServiceClientFactory myFactory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);

TaskManagerQueryService queryManager = TaskManagerClientFactory.getQueryManager(myFactory);

TaskSearchFilter filter = new TaskSearchFilter();

filter.setServiceName("MortgageLoan - Prebuilt");

filter.addCondition("procVar.id", Operator.EQUALS, new Long(556677)); // where 556677 is your process Instance Id

filter.setAdminIgnoreAllAcls(true);

List result = queryManager.taskSearch(filter);

Note:

-> I dint test this code;

-> You may have to make some corrections if its not working

-> The code is based on Java API (Not Web Service)

Nith

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Searching task from API by process instance id
            hkho Level 1

Thanks for the reply, I've tried the code and it throws an exception

"com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.client.query.TaskQueryServiceException: Process Variable is not searchable. VariableName=id"

I tried to add a new variable processId to the workflow and set the processId=id in the flow, then i filter by the processId and it works. But its a weird to duplicate the same same information in the process. Thanks.

• 3. Re: Searching task from API by process instance id
              $Nith$ Level 4

Alternate option:

Do not add condition; rather just loop through the returned result and compare task task with its process id.

List result = queryManager.taskSearch(filter);

long myProcessId = 556677;

for(int i=0;i<result.size();i++)

{

TaskRow myTask = (TaskRow)result.get(i);

if(myTask.getProcessInstanceId()==myPorcessId)

{

// I found the tasks of myProcessId

}

}

Nith

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Searching task from API by process instance id
                avi_nyc

Hi Nitin,

My question is what is the difference between process and process instance? Can you please explain with an example? When I say process instance that means each process instance is unique because its initiator is different? or is there any other condition to differentiate between the processes?

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Searching task from API by process instance id
                  $Nith$ Level 4

You design a workflow to automate a Leave Request for your organization. This worflow is a process.

This process has no effect unless someone start a Leave Request. In otherwords just invoking the process and get the results out of it.

Once a process is invoked, an instance (similar to how an object created for a class) will be created and executed within its own context.

Each time when a user or another process invokes a process, a new process instance will be created.

Each process instance is unique irrespective of the requester; i.e. If you request Leave for three time, it will create three unique process instances.

Nith