4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2011 1:09 PM by deansy55

insert and upload images

Level 1

hi,

this is probably really simple.  i have used insert record wizard a whole load of times and the upload file button to upload docs in the past no problem.

however i need to be able to allow the user to upload properties with images into the database and wondered if anyone had a tutorial or how i would go about this with upload and insert record?

many thanks

• 1. Re: insert and upload images
          Günter Schenk Level 4

Are you talking about storing images in BLOB fields ? This isn´t supported.

Cheers,

Günter

• 2. Re: insert and upload images
            Level 1

thanks gunter, i actually found it in the help file.  i am storing the images in a folder on the server.  only issue is i cannot seem to get it to display the image.  i can see the upload is working and the images are on the folder but unable to get it to display the image so far.

is there a way within addt to have it like a slideshow to display the images?

cheers

• 3. Re: insert and upload images
              Günter Schenk Level 4

deansy55 wrote:

thanks gunter, i actually found it in the help file.  i am storing the images in a folder on the server.  only issue is i cannot seem to get it to display the image.  i can see the upload is working and the images are on the folder but unable to get it to display the image so far.

If all uploaded images have been stored in one shared folder, the src attribute of your image tag needs to contain both a static element (path/to/folder) plus the recordset value which represents the current filename, example:

img src="path/to/folder/<?php echo $row_queryname['filename']; ?>"

Cheers,

Günter

• 4. Re: insert and upload images
                Level 1

Thanks gunter