0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2011 7:56 AM by mgrksan

Weblogic MessageBrokerServlet.getFlexWritePath NullPointerException

mgrksan

Hi,

While starting a flex application on the weblogic 10.3.2 installed on a Linux system fails with the error stack below. Several threads pointed out that the issue could be with the folder that is mentioned in the flex.write.path parameter within the web.xml. I tried with several different folders that have read/write access for the oracle user. None of them worked. Here is the MesssageBrokerServlet portion from the web.xml. I am stuck with this and I am not finding any solution on the internet. Please help me with this.

Caused By: java.lang.NullPointerException
              at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:222)
              at flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.getFlexWritePath(MessageBrokerSer vlet.java:232)
              at flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.init(MessageBrokerServlet.java:92 )
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletInitAction.run(St ubSecurityHelper.java:283)
              at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Authenticate dSubject.java:321)
              at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java: 121)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.createServlet(StubSecuri tyHelper.java:64)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.createOneInstance(StubL ifecycleHelper.java:58)
              at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.<init>(StubLifecycleHel per.java:48)

Thanks

Murugan.

<servlet>

<servlet-name>MessageBrokerServlet</servlet-name>

<display-name>MessageBrokerServlet</display-name>

<servlet-class>flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet</servlet-class>

<init-param>

<param-name>services.configuration.file</param-name>

<param-value>/WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml</param-value>

</init-param>

<init-param>

<param-name>flex.write.path</param-name>

<param-value>/u01/app/oracle/middleware/user_projects/domains/ClassicD omain/servers/BannerApps/stage/erlr</param-value>

</init-param>

<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

</servlet>