2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2011 9:04 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 9 - Configuration Error 16

Kenny_1892

Hi,

I’m trying to get Premiere Elements 9 working in a network environment by doing local installs on 40 computers. It installs OK and runs fine for the first few days then comes up with the following error message.

“Configuration Error

Please uninstall and reinstall the Product.

If the Problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 16”

I’ve tried reinstalling the Premiere Elements 9 again it works fine for a few days before this error message is shown again.

Nothing is changing in this time on the network and no new software is being installed. We are running Windows XP SP3.

Regards

Kenny

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 - Configuration Error 16
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements will generally not work in a network environment right out of the box.

You should contact Adobe Tech Support for information on configuring the program for use on a network. If the person answering the phone doesn't know the answer, be sure to ask for a manager, who will.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 - Configuration Error 16
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree with Steve. We see several networked environment questions a year. Most are in academic computer lab situations. In many of those cases, Adobe T/S has been able to get things working. The "fixes" often come down to having certain elements local, and some in the networked environments. As the network layouts differ greatly, as well as permissions, each instance is unique, so what works for a school in Omaha, might not work for a school in Madison. T/S, however, has been pretty good at helping. The "first responders" are often reading from a limited script, so escalating to a supervisor will usually get someone who knows the program, and can likely help you.

Good luck,

Hunt