3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2011 7:20 PM by Ned Murphy

Problem with exporting an image of an animation

180cs

I'm pretty new to flash, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I have an animation I made in flash, and when I go to File>Export>Export Image, it doesn't export with the text. Also, depending on the image type I'm trying to save as, it will randomly save an image of different point in the animation than that which I have the playhead on.

So, how do I control what it actually exports? (I just want a single jpg image of the end of the animation sequence)

And more importantly, how do I  make it export the text in the animation sequence as well?

• 1. Re: Problem with exporting an image of an animation
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would just take a screenshot of the animation while it is playing and crop it, placing a stop() command in the desired frame of the timeline.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem with exporting an image of an animation
            180cs Level 1

I'd still love to know if anyone knows of a feature like this. I mean, for all intensive purposes, the swf file is an animated vector, and I'd think that flash would have that kind of screenshot-like export avaliable.

For now though (this has to be a REALLY big image of this. for a banner and tshirts) I just took huge closeups, and pieced them alltogether in photoshop. I guess it works :3

• 3. Re: Problem with exporting an image of an animation
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can publish a Flash file as an image, and it appears you can specify the frame to publish (I thought it was restricted to the first frame).  But if I look thru the instructions for setting the Publishing criteria it mentions something about specifying the #Static frame, but doesn't explain it further.  Maybe you can find something via a Google search that explains it further.

Otherwise, if the intent was to publish an image, I would have just built up everything in the first frame and published it straight out from that.  You could possibly do that by moving all the last frame stuff to the first frame, publish it, and then close the file without saving so that it returns to what it otherwise is supposed to be as an animatiion.... or just save it as a new file before you start to be safe.

Very often I will use Flash to generate graphics in this manner.

1 person found this helpful