Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems when client uploads my project to their server

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help me with this or not, as my client won't upgrade from version 5 of Robohelp.

I work from my home office on my laptop, documenting my client's software. When I create/update files and publish, I publish the project to a new folder so it's "clean" and there are NO old files in it. However, when I zip it up and send it to my client, he uploads it to the server and sees only the old files. He's accusing me of not doing my work up to standard, and I'm pulling my hair out. I went over the published files and the project in a web browser to make sure it was clean and all the links worked before sending it.

What is happening between my laptop and his server, that he only sees old stuff?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and welcome to the RH community.

My first question is where are they looking? My bet is that they are looking at their publish location and not the zip file you sent them. If all they do is copy your zipped files to their location, that could be the issue. If this is correct, all the old files remain, unless there are newer versions of them of course in which case they should be overwritten. I'd get them to publish your files to a clean directory and test there as a first step.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colum!

I suspected something like this could be happening but it'll help to have "backup" from an expert.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "problem exists between the keyboard and the chair" is a phrase that springs to mind here. You can paraphrase it to fit your needs 🙂

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[grin]  Indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp