4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2006 5:36 PM by Newsgroup_User

Whilst making a projector in 8.5 ...

Leo Level 1
      ... get the msg that app can't find MIX32.x32 in folder Xtras but it's there just the same. Wazzup widdat?
        • 1. Re: Whilst making a projector in 8.5 ...
          Level 7
          On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:04:29 GMT, Leo posted in
          macromedia.director.basics:

> ... get the msg that app can't find MIX32.x32 in folder Xtras but it's
          > there just the same. Wazzup widdat?

You're certain it's in a folder called Xtras that is in the same folder as
          the projector?

Wait a minute. Somehow I'm thinking that's a *really old* Xtra from earlier
          versions. I don't have that filename anywhere in my D8.5.1 installation path.

Try placing Mix Services.x32 in your Xtras folder instead.

Also, look for any old code that might be attempting to initialize an
          XObject.

Helpful reference:
          "Director Xtras Functionality"
          http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_16076

--
          Mark A. Boyd
          Keep-On-Learnin' :)
          • 2. Re: Whilst making a projector in 8.5 ...
            Leo Level 1
            Hmm. Could be. I'll recheck. Thnx
            • 3. Re: Whilst making a projector in 8.5 ...
              Leo Level 1
              Mix Service is already in the Xtras folder. Looking for the problem though the projector/movie seems to work alright. Probably a hold-over from an earlier (6.5) version. I liked that versions 'buttons' feature
              • 4. Re: Whilst making a projector in 8.5 ...
                Level 7
                On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:12:46 GMT, Leo posted in
                macromedia.director.basics:

> Mix Service is already in the Xtras folder. Looking for the problem
                > though the projector/movie seems to work alright. Probably a hold-over
                > from an earlier (6.5) version. I liked that versions 'buttons' feature

If you're still getting the error, there's a chance your projector is
                suffering from versionitis.

That is, there may be other older Xtras and/or .dll files in the folder. See
                if ensuring that all Xtras and .dlls are from the D8.5.1 installation helps.

Also, make sure that Xtras are not marked to "Include in Projector" via the
                Modify->Movie->Xtras in the Dir file you used to create the projector.

--
                Mark A. Boyd
                Keep-On-Learnin' :)