1 person found this helpful
@John - Can you talk a little more to the type of error or problem you're seeing? This sounds similar to a bug I fixed before the holiday rush; are you using the Ant task from the master branch on my fork? If you could provide snippets from your build script, the output from running your build where those snippets are executed, and any environment information we can probably help you track down the issue. You may want to check out http://docs.flexunit.org/index.php?title=Continuous_Integration_Support, if you haven't already, which has a lot of details regarding common issues running xvnc with the Flash Player.
As my schedule begins to lighten over the next few weeks, I will be able to give more attention to the forums, fixes, features, etc, so any information in the mean time is appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks for the quick reply!
The problem does seem to have appeared in a recent build. We aren't building from source, so it's not the latest on github. The problem occurs if we use flexUnitTasks-4.1.0-1.64.jar but not if we use flexUnitTasks-4.1.0-RC1.27.jar. We've been running FlexUnit under Hudson for about 3 months.
The symptom isn't clear from the ant output, below, unless you watch it run. When we use the later version of flexUnitTasks, immediately after the log entry for "Launching player", the output continues to "Terminating xvnc on :99" and the behavior is consisent with the player being unable to connect to the X server. With the older flexUnitTasks, the xvnc server is appropriately terminated after the test run completes.
[flexunit] Validating task attributes ...
[flexunit] OS: [Linux]
[flexunit] Generating default values ...
[flexunit] Using default working dir [/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Flash_Game/workspace/trunk]
[flexunit] Using the following settings for the test run:
[flexunit] FLEX_HOME: [/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Flash_Game/workspace/trunk/tools/flex4]
[flexunit] haltonfailure: [false]
[flexunit] headless: [true]
[flexunit] display: 
[flexunit] localTrusted: [true]
[flexunit] player: [flash]
[flexunit] command: [/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Flash_Game/workspace/trunk/tools/flex4/runtimes/player/10.1/lnx/flashplayer]
[flexunit] port: 
[flexunit] swf: [/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Flash_Game/workspace/trunk/bin_test/TestRunner.swf]
[flexunit] timeout: [50000ms]
[flexunit] toDir: [/var/lib/hudson/jobs/Flash_Game/workspace/trunk/bin_test]
[flexunit] Setting up server process ...
[flexunit] Starting server ...
[flexunit] OS: [Linux]
[flexunit] Starting xvnc
[flexunit] Opening server socket on port .
[flexunit] Attempting start on :99 ...
[flexunit] Waiting for client connection ...
[flexunit] New 'AN291:99 (hudson)' desktop is AN291:99
[flexunit] Starting applications specified in /var/lib/hudson/.vnc/xstartup
[flexunit] Log file is /var/lib/hudson/.vnc/AN291:99.log
[flexunit] Launching player:
[flexunit] Executing 'gflashplayer' with arguments:
[flexunit] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
[flexunit] not part of the command.
[flexunit] Terminating xvnc on :99
[flexunit] Killing Xvnc4 process ID 9333
[flexunit] Stopping server ...
[flexunit] End of test data reached, sending acknowledgement to player ...
[flexunit] Closing client connection ...
[flexunit] Closing server on port  ..
@John - This output looks extremely similar to a bug I fixed. Next week the team will be regrouping and I'll work with Sim to get this fix into the master branch if it isn't there. We can debug further from there. If you need a more immediate fix, you're welcome to do a pull from my master branch on my flexunit fork to see if it helps.
I'll post with my progress when I get back into the mix.
That sound good. I'd be happy to try a build - just let me know when/where to pick up another JAR to test with. Sorry I can't take the time to set up to run the flexunit build at the moment.