3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2011 3:45 PM by the_wine_snob

Cannot burn DVD from Premiere Elements 4

twlmt

I have Premiere Elements 4.  I am trying to burn a DVD of a slideshow I created in Photoshop Elements 6.  I have burned many copies of this DVD in the past month successfully, in PE4.  Now today all of a sudden it won't burn them any more.  When I click on "Share" and "DVD", a message says the program has encountered a problem and needs to close, and the program locks up.  Here is the detail of the error message:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Application Version: 4.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 46df9114

Fault Module Name: StackHash_a34a

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000000

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: a34a

Additional Information 2: c9c5f4fd744690d388ab9d5b3eb051a7

Additional Information 3: cb2e

Additional Information 4: 650bb5690556a17e911375b94d3e16f0

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Teresa

• 1. Re: Cannot burn DVD from Premiere Elements 4
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you're crashing as soon as you click the button to Share (and not during the burn itself) it usually indicates a resource problem.

What operating system are you using? Have you manually gone to Windows Update and downloaded even the non-critical updates?

Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime?

How much free, defragmented space is on your C drive? Are you editing your video on a drive rather than your C drive?

I'm assuming, since you're using a 4 year old version of Premiere Elements, that this is an older machine. When was the last time you gave your computer a good cleaning and defragmenting?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390602?tstart=30

• 2. Re: Cannot burn DVD from Premiere Elements 4
            Bob Dix Photographer Level 2

Hi Thresa,

Forget about Premiere Elements 6 and use Premiere Elements 4, we still do on a new 64 bit Quad Core i7 Work Station Windows Professional and it runs better than ever. We have been doing HD 1920 x 1080 slide shows for 3 years, no problems burn to Blu -Ray or Export to Pro Tape.

I did have a problem with a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz and hyperthreading , but, discovered I had 1,440 temp files slowing the system down. Try %temp% in Search and delete files if you have any ?

• 3. Re: Cannot burn DVD from Premiere Elements 4
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I would pay special attention to Steve's question on the amount of defragmentd free space on the HDD's. If you have been working with this Project, and have burned several times, it is very likely that the HDD has become filled up. PrE needs quite a bit of space for the working files, for the Transcoded Assets, and then for the resultant files for the DVD.

Good luck,

Hunt