1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2011 12:57 PM by ~graffiti

How to save a word doc with section breaks as a pdf

wilsonrich

I have a word document, about thirty pages long that I need to save as a pdf. Simple enough, right? Well, I had to put two section breaks in the document in order to landscape one of my pages (it's a table). Because of those section breaks, when I convert the document to pdf, it save it as three different documents (pdfs) versus just one. First doc goes up to the first section break; second doc if the landscape page between the section breaks; third doc is the remainder following the second section break.

There's got to be a simple solution, but I can't figure it out. I can't remove the section breaks, as I need them to landscape that one page in what is otherwise a portrait document. How can I convert it to a pdf and just get ONE DOCUMENT in the end and not three?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to save a word doc with section breaks as a pdf
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The first step is to realize that this has nothing to do with Adobe Reader. It just views the final product.

The second step is to find out what application you are using to create the PDF and ask in the appropriate forum. If it is Acrobat, then Adobe has a forum for that. If you are using the Word PDF utility, then you'll want to find a Microsoft Word forum or use the MS tech support.

Good luck.