6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2011 7:47 PM by maryreannon

No Permission To Copy Documents Here?????

newnookowner

Now that I'm activated, I have a new message saying, "No permission to copy documents here." What can I do to fix this?

• 1. Re: No Permission To Copy Documents Here?????
          JuKaSc

I'm getting that same message about no permission to copy here.  Can ANYONE help?

• 2. Re: No Permission To Copy Documents Here?????
            shhaupt

I am getting the same error on two of the six ebooks I have loaded into ADE.  I would also appreciate any help on this issue.

• 3. Re: No Permission To Copy Documents Here?????
              JuKaSc Level 1

Okay.  Here is what I THINK I did to solve the 'No Permission...' message.

Everyone kept saying to 'delete the folder and re-authorize the Nook',  but I would delete the ADE folder and never see anywhere to authorize my Nook.  UNTIL I went to 'my computer' found the 'NOOK' drive,  right clicked it, clicked on 'open' , and then saw another ADE file.  As soon as I deleted that file, I got an authorization request. TA-DA !!!  Try it and see if it works for you.  Let me know.  What a sense of accomplishment!  So far I've read 2 library books and returned them early with NO PROBLEMS.  I'm ready to tackle the world!

• 4. Re: No Permission To Copy Documents Here?????
                maryreannon

Aaarrrrrggghhh!

I did what shhaupt suggested, but did not get a new authorization request and it still denies me permission to copy the library book to my Nook Color.  Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mary

• 5. Re: No Permission To Copy Documents Here?????
                  Frustrated in AZ Level 4

There's just one more bit of information that may help.  Each ebook has a

small file containing information about it, including rights that a

publisher has assigned to the ebook.  If you rest your cursor on the ebook

avatar (picture or cover) displayed by ADE in Library view, a small cursor

will appear at the top.  Click on that cursor, and a drop-down menu will

appear.  Pick & click on  'Item Info' from that menu, and you will see those

rights.  Often, a publisher will restrict copying the ebook.  A library also

can choose to restrict an ebook as well.  When that happens, you'll get the

message you're getting....  There's no cure if this is the case.

Otherwise, there have been many issues with the Nook interface with ADE -

primarily because of the way B&N has implemented its interface with the

Nook.  I hope this isn't the issue....

==========

• 6. Re: No Permission To Copy Documents Here?????
                    maryreannon Level 1

Thanks, I'll check.

I hope it isn't the publishers... I checked out three books and all three gave me the same error.

It is kind of you to respond!

Thanks,

Mary