1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2011 6:39 AM by funkysoul

Problem with GPU acceleration

TrantaLocked

I have a Core 2 Duo @3.0GHz, a Radeon HD 4770 512MB and have both Opera 11.0 and IE 8 with the NEWEST versions of Flash plugin and activex.              My problem is that first of all when I run 1080p videos on YouTube my CPU goes to 40%-50% and my GPU only goes to 8%. Is this correct? I would much rather use more GPU and less CPU for flash as other running programs/services use CPU. If there is any way to tweak this so YouTube uses more GPU please tell.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          In addition, when I play a 4K video on YouTube my GPU monitor says 0% GPU and 100% CPU! I have tried both IE 8 and Opera 11 and have the newest flash players, again, and none of my GPU is being used? And in effect, I get a very low frame rate.                                                                                                    Is there a way to fix these problems?