I was working on a project, copying and pasting a large amount of frames and objects when Flash CS4 would not let me save, the message was something like "cannot save due to an unknown error" so I closed it and opened again, and the following error popus came up repeatedly:
1) "The following panel layout is missing or could not be read:
/Users/(my name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe Flash CS4/en/Configuration/Workspace/Animator.xml
The application will not have have a correct layout. Please load one from Windows - > Workspace."
2) " XML parsinfg fatal error: Invalid document structure lone: 1, files: Users/(my name)/Library/Application Support/Adobe Flash CS4/
I looked for the file and it's actually in the folder.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flash CS4 twice, and the entire Creative Suite once already, none of this has solved the issue.
Adobe support has withdrawn my request for help due to some contractual mumbo jumbo, is there anyone that's had this problem before and managed to fix it?.
It might sound like a pain in the ... but try this:-
1. Uninstall CS4 suite properly.
2. Run the clean up Script -> http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html (it also works for cs4 & cs3)
3. Reboot your machine
4. Check that no files or folders are in here leading to any adobe software: /Users/(my name)/Library/Application Support/
5. Re-install CS4 suite
Tried that just now, didn't work.
Is there any kind of free online support I can get for this? it doesn't seem fair that I'd be charged extra to service a product default.
EDIT: oh wait, I found that in Windows-->Workspace I can load on eof the other layouts, but Animator doesn't work, I think this is the only problem, wow.
I still wonder though if there's anything I can do about that, thanks for your help Tiago.