1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2011 6:05 AM by garywpaul

Editable region problem

Al Wise

Hi, i'm not sure if this has been posted before, but i'v had a look and found nothing. Pretty much i have created a template for a website with one editable region, which is where the content for each page will be changeable, the problem i am having is that for my home page for example i want rotating images, i have the javascript i need, but it needs to go in the <head></ head>, and because the only editable region is the content area, i can't put it there. The only way i can paste the code in the <head></ head> is by doing so in my template, but that makes it appear on all pages, where i only want it to work on the home page. Is there any way i can do this, or should i just paste it in the template?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Editable region problem
          garywpaul Level 5

The section of js that you are to put into the head is not the part of the js that is viewed.  It is common to have a js file (usually pointing to an external file) in the head, the the script that calls the js to the screen is in the body.

You can of course simply create a new editable region in the <head> and put it there, but is sounds like you are not putting the file in correctly.

If the page is live, post a link, or post the code here, someone will get you fixed up.

Gary