4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2011 1:14 PM by keyz dizeaze

Question

keyz dizeaze

I am printing a simple two page document in Pagemaker 6.5.  It is automatically generating a third page that is blank other than the error message 'deleteme' that appears in the top left corner.  Anyone know what I can do to eliminate the third page with the error message?

• 1. Re: Question
          Michael Gianino Level 4

I haven't used PM in a while, but if you have any overset text, could it be generating the extra page? If so, delete the overset text.

• 2. Re: Question
            scott koblich Level 1

If I remember correctly, you have an object on one of your pages that is causing a corruption to the file. It could be a graphic or some text.

-Scott

• 3. Re: Question
              BigJohnD Level 3

From the old AdobeForums FAQs: http://bigjohnd.org.uk/PM_FAQs/PM_FAQs.zip

There are two theories behind this.

1. You have at one time composed/saved/printed your publication to a PostScript printer (e.g. created a PDF) and have now recomposed/saved/printed to a PCL printer (probably an HP LaserJet).

The "%deleteme" page is a result of traces of the old printer driver/formatting. I believe it is possible to output the printer data to file, clean it up, re-save and then the pages will print correctly.

Here are the details:

Step 1: Print > Options > Write PS to file.

Step 2: Open the PS file in a text editor (e.g. Editplus) then delete everything above /setpacking... (So that the line that is /setpacking... is the first line in the file.)

Step 3: Go to the end of the document, then delete everything after %%EOF - (so that %%EOF is the last line of the document).

Step 4: Save.

2. The other theory is that it is an early warning of file corruption, and that copying all the text and images to new blank PM pages cures it. This certainly works, though whether there is actually corruption is a moot point, and for long publications that takes a lot of time.

• 4. Re: Question
                keyz dizeaze Level 1

Thanks so much!  It worked!!!