6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2011 8:00 AM by the_wine_snob

trancoding problem, can you help

BA 2010

i have a transcoding error problem when i try to burn to dvd, i have a adobe element, its burn about an hour then comes up with a messege, Transcoding error

I have tried to burn this severel time, Its comes up with the transcoding error messege when there 1 hour 48 min left, cant figure it out where is the problem is? there is lot of clips dont know which is causing problem. have lots of photos too, done the rendering its went well, dvd preview no problem, only problem when i try to burn, CAN YOU HELP 

• 1. Re: trancoding problem, can you help
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Work through the troubleshooting steps in our FAQs.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415318?tstart=30

If you'll post your results for each step in as much detail as possible, we'll likely be able to diagnose the problem and recommend workarounds.

• 2. Re: trancoding problem, can you help
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

One thing that can stop Transcoding of a Timeline is if there is a gap in the Video somewhere.

Do you get any sort of % of completion? If so, PrE uses a 2-pass Encode with VBR (Variable Bit-Rate), so 100% is the culmination of both passes. A 50% completion would be the end of the first pass. With that knowledge, if the completion is, say 75%, then it is at about the half-way point of the Timeline, and on the second pass. After one calculates the 2-passes, that spot would be where I would investigate. Look first, to see what the assets are there. Any overly-large stills? A different form of Video? Anything different? If not, then zoom in to the Frame-view on the Timeline, and look closely for any gaps in the Video. Ignore gaps in Audio, as they will not matter. Video is another story.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - with a long Transcode, people often go off and do something else. In those cases, they will not catch the % of the Transcode. Rather than sit by, watching a slow-moving progress bar, I'd just set up my video camera to record the screen. When the Transcode fails, just playback the video from the camera, and see exactly WHERE it stopped. Then, do the math, and study that Timeline closely.

• 3. Re: trancoding problem, can you help
              BA 2010 Level 1

Thanks for this valuable information, when its burning a bar comes up amd

its just say burning in progress, doesnt move the time line bar or anything,

so its very hard to asume where it stopes, i am just taking off some of

those effect title bars from middle of the film, cause before it used show

error on 1 hour 34 min remaning, since i took some effects off now its still

stop saying transcoding error but now its says 1 hour 10min remaining, dont

know i am doing the right thing, all those work i have done for weeks had to

take some of those effects off not very pleased, its just no knowing which

effects or photo causing it, i have checked the gap ther is no gap, thanks

any other tip would be appriciated.

Regards

Boshor

• 4. Re: trancoding problem, can you help
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Unlike older versions of Pinnacle Studio,and some others, the CTI (Current Time Indicator w/ the red Edit Line) does not move.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: trancoding problem, can you help
                  nealeh Level 5

BA 2010 wrote:

have lots of photos too

In the FAQ article Steve linked to there is advice to resize stills so that they are not more than 1000x750 pixels. What size are your still images? If greater than 1000x750 you should resize them and then try the burn again. Use Burn to Folder to avoid wasting disks.

More info on the dimensions of still photographs can be found at: What resolution should my photos be in Premiere Elements?

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 6. Re: trancoding problem, can you help
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE addresses one cause of Transcoding failure - gaps.

This ARTICLE talks about overly-large still images.

Good luck,

Hunt