2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2011 2:56 AM by CMogilko

An internal error has occurred! + Runtime error! Program C…

CapeSideDE

I have Vista 64 SP2 all patches and Acrobat CS4 installed.Reader 9.4 was running without more then the normal troble with Adobe software. After installing Adobe Reade X it won't even start.

The only  thing Reader X is doing is showing: An internal error has occurred!

And: Runtime error! Program C… The program has requested the Runtime  to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support  team for more information.

I have enough of Adobes Beta Software released to me as a customer.  Never seen anything worse then your products. Flash as THE security hole  closely followed by Adobe reader. Okay that hole is closed now an  forever as I never will install anything from Adobe on my PC again. The  **** with downloading by Adobe DLM in firefox and such crap not to  mention.

Welcome Foxit Reader!

• 1. Re: An internal error has occurred! + Runtime error! Program C…
          flybyray

Hi,

this Error can occur if you make use of JUNCTION in your filesystem. Sometimes those JUNCTIONS are made by your Operating System (e.g. windows anytime-upgrade and than changeing system language). But perhaps you manually changed program and data storage locations by using JUNCTION ( e.g. mklink or any other tool ).

ONE SOLUTION which works for me was to install Adobe Reader manually by downloading the appropriate version at ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win . The startup with the desktop shortcut will not work.

1. You should create a new Folder (e.g. TEST ) in the HOMEDRIVE ( normally C: ) root location which is not a JUNCTION .

2. Open a command line ( press WinodwsKey+R than type "%COMSPEC%" without quotes and press OK Button)

3. Use now the set command to change environment varibles temporarily Change APPDATA and USERPROFILE by typing

SET APPDATA=C:\TEST

SET USERPROFILE=C:\TEST

4. Now start Adobe Reader from this command line by typing

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"

Adobe Reader will open.

5. You should go straight to Menu: Edit->Preferences->General

Disable or deselect the "Enable Protected Mode at startup" at the bottom. Click OK. and exit Adobe Reader.

6. Adobe settings are now written to C:\TEST

copy all from C:\TEST to your original USERPROFILE dir

Now you can use the desktop shortcut of Adobe Reader and it will also open pdf directly in your browser.

• 2. Re: An internal error has occurred! + Runtime error! Program C…
            CMogilko

Hi,

I have the same problem, but this solution doesn't work. In 5, Preferences doesn't appear, Reader freezes and I need to kill process. I have win7-64 and ssd drive, because of that my userprofile stored at hdd and c:\users is a link.