2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2011 5:04 PM by the_wine_snob

Check offline media?

Ivan Varghese

Is there a way to check for offline media in a sequence? I've been working on a project but some of my source files were moved around so whenever I preview, I'm hit with the red, "Media Offline" page. Is there a way to check for all offline media in one move or do I have to sit and preview the entire sequence? The edit is about 30 mins long..

• 1. Re: Check offline media?
          Colin Brougham Level 6

In the Project Panel, press Ctrl+A to select everything--this means online and offline clips. Right-click anywhere and select "Link Media." A dialog will appear asking you to reconnect one of the offline files; once you find it and hit OK, if everything else is in the same relative location, they'll be automatically relinked. Otherwise, Premiere will continue to ask for the locations of each offline file. Continue that way until you've relinked everything.

• 2. Re: Check offline media?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Colin has nailed how to Relink the Assets. If you only wish to check for Offline Media, just go to Project Panel and choose Thumbnail View, and look for the red Poster Frame with the multi-languages:

Media_Offline.png

Above shown in Source Monitor.

Good luck,

Hunt