• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do ADE and Sony Reader Library interact?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First let me say that I am a newby to ebooks so my question may be of the duh... type - sorry

I recently downloaded an ebook from my from my local library and also a free book from ADE's free samples. They both came with acsm keys which took me awhile to work out. However the acsm key had gone to my Sony Reader Library folder rather than my ADE folder; so when I eventually learned how to use the acsm key both books were downloaded to my Sony Reader library. Is this the normal process? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the absence of the experts.

I have a Sony Reader and yes that's exactly how it works. You need to have ADE installed but you download via the Sony software and your "books" are save in the Sony Reader Library. The tranfer to your Sony ereader is via your Sony Reader Library.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Neil

I have received advice from my local library (tech support) as follows:

1) Download the .acsm file choosing 'Save' rather than 'Open'
2) Find the .acsm file and right click on it
3) click 'Open With' and choose 'Adobe Digital Editions'.

The extra step would be to make ADE the default program to open ebooks. But it's probably better to keep control and choose which program you want to open the file.

Cheers

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines