1 person found this helpful
You might also be getting the RH8 bug that plagued upgraded projects - make sure that you are fully patched up to 184.108.40.206 - see Peter's topic on Opening Projects that discusses this bug & the fix.
Hi Jeff and Andrew,
Thank you for your immediate reply. I read through Peter's article on calling webhelp. Will execute that and let you know the results. Similarly, I will also lookup on Peter's topics on Opening Projects. Thank you so much.
Hi and welcome to the forums
In addition to the great suggestions already posted, there are a couple of things you might want to check. Be sure your application developer has the necessary "CSH API" support files necessary to communicate between your map IDs and the application itself. This may be why your CSH worked in the test tool, but not with the application. Also, the correct API depends on the programming language used by the developer (C#, .NET, Java, etc.)
They are found on your hard drive along a path similar to this one, depending on your Win OS, etc.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe RoboHelp 8\CSH API
A good resource for sharing with your developer can be found here in the online help topics. Here is Adobe's online help website:
This is the online help topic for context sensitive help on Adobe's website.
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
RSC 3.1 is at fault, not the size of the project. It randomly strips files from the root.fpj file, adds NULLs to the top of a file (which makes RH think it's a binary file), and assorted other forms of corruption. We're in the process of switching to Subversion.
If you decide to call the WebHelp using URLs (one of the methods discussed by Peter), you might follow our process. The developers look first to index.htm for the multi-frame start page, then to our home-grown alias file that we call form_path.txt. If the topic file name agrees with the form name, it is not specified. For example (using Peter's mergedProjects directory structure):
The first file name is different from the form name (file name is specified), but the second one is not (file name is not specified).
Thank you for your reply.
The context sensitivity was working when I had the complete online help as one project. It is not working after I split them and merged them using Peter's method. However, I had not executed the steps given by Peter in 'Calling WebHelp' where he has provided steps for context sensitivity to work in merged Webhelp.
Meanwhile I installed the patches 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 and am checking whether the bug related to vanishing topics is solved. Here, I notice that the.fpj file is not getting updated to include the topics we import and hence the structure is not maintained the next time we open the project. I am trying various combinations to understand the problem better. Will get back in a couple of days.
Thanks & Regards,