8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2007 7:52 AM by Voddie

Coding advice

Voddie Level 1
      Hi

I'm working on a movie that scrolls through random characters before coming to rest on specific words/sentence.

I originally created this in flash 6 and as1.

How can I
      a) rewrite the code to work with flash 8 and as 2? (when publish in flash 8 as 2 the words just continue scrolling and never come to rest on the words

b) Currently it scrolls through all characters, upper/lower/numbers.
      Could anyone point me in the right direction to amend the code just to use one sort of character. I.e all uppercase, all lower case or all numbers. My ideal for my project is all lower case.

The as I am using is

To view the fla, http://www.voddie.com/test/project/textmovie.zip (14K)

Thanks in advance for any help offered

Voddie
        • 1. Re: Coding advice
          Greg Dove Level 4
          Here's an example of the type of thing you want I think.

• 2. Re: Coding advice
            Voddie Level 1
            Hi GWD

Thank you for the code, trying to get my head around how you did it!

Sorry for the late response, been away from my machine for a day.

What would be the easiest way to change the text?
            I.e i changed the code to var myString = this._name; to pull the word from the name of the movie. I want to have the movie come to rest on one of the sentences, hang a while and then move onto another sentence. I.e in example provided, interactive communications to change to internet solutions, hang and them move on again.

Thank in adavnce

Voddie

• 3. Re: Coding advice
              Level 1
              are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here
              • 4. Re: Coding advice
                Level 1
                are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are hereare here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here
                • 5. Re: Coding advice
                  Level 1

Is it plugged in? Have you tried rebooting it?
                  • 6. Re: Coding advice
                    Level 1
                    are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here..are here
                    • 7. Re: Coding advice
                      Greg Dove Level 4
                      Here' s a quick change of the code to move through a sequence of strings.

You could assign the first array element with the name of the movie if that's what you want.

• 8. Re: Coding advice
                        Voddie Level 1
                        Thank you so much for your help, it works a treat!