6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 2:16 AM by JayJay2202

How do I make my finished edited file not so zoomed in?!

JayJay2202

I work at a dentist making educational dental videos, i was recommended adobe Premiere pro! However now i have my head around how to use it and most of my edited videos have been encoded i find out that the edited version has been zoomed in a fair way which is making my videos look out of focus and too close up. I cant actually see how to fix this but any he;p would be greatly accepted as I'm in a total mind block!

Thanks Jay

• 1. Re: How do I make my finished edited file not so zoomed in?!
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Jay,

Welcome to the forum.

What I think that you are describing, is often caused by the source footage not matching the Sequence Preset chosen.

Can you give us the full specs. of that source footage, and also the Sequence Preset that you chose?

In CS5, there is a neat new feature for setting up one's Sequence to match their source footage perfectly. In the Project Panel, just drag one of those files to the New Icon, at the bottom of the Project Panel, and PrPro will create a New Sequence that matches. How does this Sequence differ from the one that you originally chose?

Good luck, and let us know all about that source footage, and the Project Preset chosen.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I make my finished edited file not so zoomed in?!
            Harm Millaard Level 7

That is usually a sign that the format you shot in and the sequence settings do not exactly match.

Drag a clip from the project panel to the New Item icon at the bottom of the project panel and a sequence with the correct settings will be created automatically. For your understanding, compare the properties of the new sequence with your earlier choice and notice the differences, so you can avoid that in the future.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How do I make my finished edited file not so zoomed in?!
              JayJay2202 Level 1

i open premiere pro, type the name that i want my finished edit to be, then get on with editing... on the sequence options in the beginning before i have the project ready to edit theres an option to select what type of file is and as its a HD camera i use i juust select that one. but its still zooming in you have 2 different displays one is the source and other is the programme its the programme on making it zoom in... any ideas.

• 4. Re: How do I make my finished edited file not so zoomed in?!
                FrequentFlyer789 Level 1

When you start a new project it asks you for sequence specifics, it sounds like you chose the wrong settings for your sequence.

The first answer shows you how to properly choose a sequence to automatically match taking out the guess work =)

• 5. Re: How do I make my finished edited file not so zoomed in?!
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Jay-Jay,

When you do New Project, you are setting some global parameters for the whole Project. As of CS4, your next step can be to set up the first Sequence. With CS4, the old global Project settings have been trimmed, as one can have Sequence (Timeline) settings that differ from one another. With CS5, one has two choices: setup that first Sequence, choosing a Preset that matches the footage 100%, even if they need to use the Desktop Preset, that allows for most parameters to be customized, OR, one can choose to NOT setup that first Sequence. Instead, they can Import their footage, and just drag one of those to the New Icon, at the bottom of the Project Panel, to let PrPro create a New Sequence, that does match 100%. With your footage, that is the method that I would choose. That will get you a Sequence Preset, that matches your footage, so no zoomed-in images, or black bars around it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: How do I make my finished edited file not so zoomed in?!
                    JayJay2202 Level 1

Thanks everyone! all advice was a fantastic help . Jay x