2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2007 1:11 PM by Newsgroup_User

on MouseUp not working in .exe

Hey, Everybody. I have an autorunning .exe file on a DVD-ROM with several buttons. One of them launches the VIDEO_TS.ifo file in the appropriate directory, and quits the .exe using the following script.

on mouseUp
      dosOpenFile(the moviepath & "..\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO", "maximized")
      quit
      end mouseUp

I've used this script before without incident, but now it's not working at all. When I delete the dosOpenFile, and leave quit, it still doesn't work. Changing the event handler to mouseDown doesn't work, either. However, if I change mouseUp to mouseEnter, it works perfectly. Is there some reason that my mouseUp and mouseDown wouldn't be coming through in the projector???

Please help. Thanks!
      Jeff
        • 1. Re: on MouseUp not working in .exe
          Level 7
          Sounds like some other handler is receiving the event message first.

"JeffAtC2" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f6tusm$gfc$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hey, Everybody. I have an autorunning .exe file on a DVD-ROM with several
          > buttons. One of them launches the VIDEO_TS.ifo file in the appropriate
          > directory, and quits the .exe using the following script.
          >
          > on mouseUp
          > dosOpenFile(the moviepath & "..\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO", "maximized")
          > quit
          > end mouseUp
          >
          > I've used this script before without incident, but now it's not working at
          > all. When I delete the dosOpenFile, and leave quit, it still doesn't work.
          > Changing the event handler to mouseDown doesn't work, either. However,
          > if I
          > change mouseUp to mouseEnter, it works perfectly.
          Is there some reason
          > that
          > my mouseUp and mouseDown wouldn't be coming through in the projector???
          >
          > Please help. Thanks!
          > Jeff
          >

• 2. on MouseUp not working in .exe
            McFazstp Level 1
            Is there another sprite over the top using the mouseUp? You can add a pass to the handler to pass the event. Also if you are using flash components you need to set the eventPassMode.

Actually I just tried the pass thing and it didn't work in MX2004, which is odd because I'm sure I've done this in the past successfully.