Welcome to the forum.
Can you give us some information on your computer?
Have you installed the patch for PrE 8 (8.0.1, IIRC)?
I have installed the downloads. My computer is:
HP Pavilion p6510y pc
Quad Core processor
4 gb system memory
750 gb hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics
None of my existing projects will open. Should I try uninstalling program and reinstalling?
Try this: Troubleshoot damaged projects
You might also want to look into some other basics:
- Install all Windows Updates.
Install latest version of Apple QuickTime (v7.6.9 at time of writing). Even if you don't use QuickTime, PRE relies heavily on it.
- Install most recent graphics and sound drivers from the manufacturers web sites.
- Run Disk Cleanup.
- Run Defragmenter.
- Temporarily disable any anti-virus realtime scanning.
And give us some information about your clip and hardware:
- Use the GSpot Codec Information Utility to analyse the file and post screen image.
- What project preset did you use?
- Where did the clip come from?
- How did you get it into PRE?
- Post back here with the necessary information described here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children
Do you have the very latest ATI/AMD video driver installed? What is the version/date of the one you are using?
Do you have the latest Realtek audio driver installed?
Do you have the latest Apple QuickTime Player installed?
Have you updated your PrE 8?
I'd check those, before doing the uninstall/reinstall.