• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error data file missing

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an error that a data file was missing when closing Adobe Captivate 4.

Now I have lost some of my cpt files. How can I recover the se files

Can I recover these files from the .swf files.

Desperate help needed please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Out of the box there is no possibilty to recover from a SWF, you should need a decompiler.

Can you check if you do not have any BAK-files left, renaming the extension will give you a previous version of that file.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a decomplier....what will the decomplier do? Where can I locate a decompiler? Is there a cost for this? The swf files associated with the cpt on the computer I was using are missing too but fortunately I saved the swf files in another location as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ther

A decompiler will take your original SWF file can convert back into a working Flash file. One thing to note though is that Captivate SWF files decompiled can look very confusing so please bear in mind that making changes to the Slides (now frames) won't be easy.

If you decide you need to go down this route then you might want to download a trial of the SoThink SWF Decompiler.

http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/

Best regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources