2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2011 2:37 PM by meekgeek-34xHrs

Placing something on the stage within ProxyElement

meekgeek

I don't think it should be this hard.

I'm trying to create a simple watermark plugin that works with another playlist plugin I've created.  The method I used previously gave me some strange results so I've had to look for other alternatives.

As I see it, there's only been a few examples out there.

The first one I came accross from the realeyes team requires you to override the set proxiedElement and create another ParallelElement to pass to super.

This caused my playlist plugin I created to have to deal with this new ProxyElement as the MediaElement for my VideoElement which totally killed the transparacy of it.  And at it's best gave me some strange results when both plugins were running ( the video wouldn't play until the second time I told it to play - weird )

So I figured I'd try leaving the set proxiedElement function allown and try using my ProxyElements.container field and then addElement.  Unfortunatly both ProxyElement.container and proxiedElement.container are always equal to null even after my proxiedElement is on stage.

The only other method I've found for finding something to place my watermark on, was in wating for DisplayObjectTrait to be added.  I then grabbed DisplayObjectTrait.displayObject.parent out of desperation.  This gives me a LayoutTargetSprite which works but I loose all the perks of LayoutMetaData. This left me feeling dirty and cheap.

It seems that I would have more luck just creating a custom MediaElement.

Has anybody else had troubles with changing the proxiedelement to a ParallelElement  for this type of stuff? Am I wrong in saying this makes it loose some of it's transparacy?

Has anybody used ParallelElement.container?  Am I using it wrong?

I'm trying to become a plugin ninja/wizard and need help figuring this all out.

-Joel