15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 7:07 AM by HMilstein8

elements 8 help files

HMilstein8

Hi ; after re installing elements 8 ,,,still, I can not access my Adobe help files at the top of the workstation. I installed elements 8, ls8 7z contents but not the rebate. do not know why the program does not install help files or any other file at top of work station?? the above two zip files seem to be all of the program or am I mistaken?

howard

• 1. Re: elements 8 help files
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Not sure what is going on, as this is the second PrE 8 Help Files issue today.

Do you have an Internet connection on that computer?

In the meantime, here is the link to the PDF of the Help Files. Look at the upper-left to download the PDF: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereElements/8.0/Win/Using/WS96256bd4ae515969-97c9190120d9 c53f61-8000.html

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: elements 8 help files
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Howard

Where did you get your Premiere Elements 8 program?  It is not longer the current version, so you did not get it as a download from Adobe via its free 30 tryout version. The program purchased in a box comes with 2 discs, program installation and content. You should not have to deal first hand with zipped folders.

I was curious about all this since you wrote " I installed elements 8, ls8 7z contents but not the rebate". What did you mean by that.. Is8 7z and especially.not the rebate?

ATR

• 3. Re: elements 8 help files
              HMilstein8 Level 1

you are right. because this was bought and downloaded by me a year ago over

the internet. I could not for some reason use my help files, so i took my

last year premiere 8 download files and re installed. Should I be getting a

CURRENT version, after all, I paid for it a year ago?.

• 4. Re: elements 8 help files
                nealeh Level 5

You should have four files:

• PremiereElements_8_LS8.7z
                • PremiereElements_8_LS8.exe
                • PremiereElements_8_Content_L S8.7z
                • PremiereElements_8_Content_L S8.exe

Put them all in a single folder (don't use the desktop) then run the two .exe files. You should not be opening the .7z files manually. That is what the .exe files do.

The additional content files are still available from Download content for Adobe Premiere Elements. Just make sure that you select the correct version from the tabs.

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 5. Re: elements 8 help files
                  HMilstein8 Level 1

Is not additional content part of the files you listed ?  Is additional

content the HELP files? why would they not be installed with the files you

listed?

• 6. Re: elements 8 help files
                    nealeh Level 5

The additional content is in the two files:

• PremiereElements_8_Content_L S8.7z
                    • PremiereElements_8_Content_L S8.exe

These should be installed after installing the program files. They add the additional templates and themes. The Online Help system will be installed with the program files but I don't recall if the local PDF help is included (I downloaded mine from the online help pages to be sure of the most recent version).

Cheers,
                    --
                    Neale

• 7. Re: elements 8 help files
                      nealeh Level 5

the_wine_snob wrote:

Not sure what is going on, as this is the second PrE 8 Help Files issue today.

Appears to be the same question by the same Howard using two different user names.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale

• 8. Re: elements 8 help files
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Ah, that makes more sense. I was confused there (not unlikely for me), and worried that something, like the phases of the Moon, was afoot.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 9. Re: elements 8 help files
                          HMilstein8 Level 1

Hi I just installed as you said, the Ls8. exe and Ls8. exe

I have the downloads of the other two files in the folder also.

NOW,,,premiere elements opens and seems fine except: The help files STILL DO

NOT OPEN

on your last email you said: install them seperately,,,,,they are already

downloaded and saved in computer. does something else have to be done with

the zip files 7z in order to get the HELP section working on the workplace

top of the screen??

Howard

• 10. Re: elements 8 help files
                            HMilstein8 Level 1

well i have now EXTRACTED THE ZIP FILES TO ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS. Help

files still

• 11. Re: elements 8 help files
                              nealeh Level 5

Run PremiereElements_8_LS8.exe first. Restart your machine. Run PremiereElements_8_Content_L S8.exe. Restart the machine.

Cheers,
                              --
                              Neale

• 12. Re: elements 8 help files
                                nealeh Level 5

See reply 4. You should not be manually unzipping the files - it is not necesssary and will more likely (depending on where you unzip it to) damage the installation.

Cheers,
                                --
                                Neale

• 13. Re: elements 8 help files
                                  HMilstein8 Level 1

Hi: ok ,,, I did as you said. Fine. Then checked my ZIP files which you said

to install afterwards. When EXTRACTING ZIP files, I noticed it just went to

my storage disc with Adobe premiere elements named. WHERE DO YOU DIRECT THE

INSTALLATION OF THE ZIP FILES AS YOU EXTRACT THEM TO INSTALL TO THE

PROGRAM??? (I will assume these files give the help contents and a few other

things)

HOWARD

• 14. Re: elements 8 help files
                                    nealeh Level 5

I'm sorry but in Reply 4 and Reply 12 I don't understand which part of

You should not be manually unzipping the files

you fail to understand. You run the .exe file and it puts the necessary files in the right places.

Cheers,
                                    --
                                    Neale

• 15. Re: elements 8 help files
                                      HMilstein8 Level 1

Well in that case,,,,,,I have no help files STILL on the Adobe workspace on

top.