1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2011 5:57 PM by ~graffiti

Can't fill in forms

lostwifecreek

I can't fill in any forms.  Have tried with many different forms, all of which are marked as "Filling of form fields: Allowed."

I have uninstalled & re-installed various versions of Adobe Reader (Versions 8, 9, 10, even 7) & now have Reader X; the only one on which I can get the text tool to appear is old Version 7, but I cannot type anything in; in other versions neither the hand tool or select tool changes to text tool over fillable fields.

Some time ago - year or more - I was able to fill in PDF fillable forms; what happened/changed?   Is there something wrong with my computer (I have Windows XP) or it it Adobe reader?  And WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT?

• 1. Re: Can't fill in forms
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

lostwifecreek wrote:

Have tried with many different forms, all of which are marked as "Filling of form fields: Allowed."

Ignore that. All that means is that if the form had fillable fields, you would be allowed to fill them in. That doesn't mena it actually has any.

In order for a form to be fillable, it needs these fields added by someone using the Acrobat product.

If you choose the hand tool, mouse over what you thinki is a field, and the hand tool doesn't turn in to an i-beam, it doesn't contain those fields.