• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One off splash screen

Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just finishing some customer specific documentation and we want to plaster their name all over it for the 'feel good factor'.

A splash screen would be nice, but I only want it coming up the first time the user opens the Help file - is there way to do this?

Alternatively, is there a way of using a redirect to show a welcome message when you first start the help file, then not have that initial 'redirect' topic show in the TOC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007
OK thanks, the redirect was the answer.

I created a Welcome topic with the following redirect to the Index for the Help Module:

<meta HTTP-EQUIV=refresh CONTENT="3;URL=Index_to_Help_Module.htm">

The Welcome topic is not in the TOC, so is not accessible to the user.

The number in the redirect is the time it takes before the redirect kicks in.

So now I've got a one-off welcome message that tells the customer how this help file was created *just * for him - I'm becoming smarmy enough to consi...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil. Rick Stone's tips 'n tricks file has one method of adopting your alternate method. I'm not sure you can have a splash screen display only the first time you enter the help without some sort of application option to record the fact that the help has previously been visited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks, the redirect was the answer.

I created a Welcome topic with the following redirect to the Index for the Help Module:

<meta HTTP-EQUIV=refresh CONTENT="3;URL=Index_to_Help_Module.htm">

The Welcome topic is not in the TOC, so is not accessible to the user.

The number in the redirect is the time it takes before the redirect kicks in.

So now I've got a one-off welcome message that tells the customer how this help file was created *just * for him - I'm becoming smarmy enough to consider a career in politics!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! A politician with a pledge to advance the use of RoboHelp in his masifesto would get my vote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But won't that come up every time the help file is called?

Also you will need to look through these forums for the posts on excluding the topic from a search.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter,

You were right about being able to exclude the Welcome topic from the search. The thread about how to do it is here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=449&threadid=1219416

The welcome message will come up each time the help file is opened, so I'm thinking of geting the redirect to kick in after just 1 or 1.5 seconds, so it's quick to disappear.

(It's really about making sure the customer thinks he's got his money's worth - he's just paid for a week of my time!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp