6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2011 8:35 AM by the_wine_snob

Sudden shut down in PE7 with HD video

Brian--BWB

I'm at the end of my rope.

I can operate PE7 normally, until I attemp to play HD video.  PE7 will run (playback) the video, but when I scrub or even click on the 'current-time indicator' the system freezes and within 2 seconds, the screen goes black (no error message) and the machine reboots.

- I have checked CPU temp with Everest--I'm within temp limits.  (During a shutdown, the CPU was 106 F.)

- I checked Error Logs.  At first, I got a "JRAID Event 9' error.  Then I moved my SATA drives to different connectors on the m/b.  The JRAID error stopped showing up, but the problem persists. (And now there is no error recorded in Event Viewer when this happens.)

- I updated drivers for audio and video cards.

- Quicktime is 7.6.9

- Direct X is 9.0c

- I have unplugged all HDD's except C: - it still crashes.

- Crash occurs with HD clips shot in both stereo and 5.1 audio settings

I know the processor speed is slightly under System Requirements for HD.  But I played the same HD video file on my slow, old Celeron laptop with no audio or video upgrades--PE7 crawls, but it doesn't crash.

Final clue: the same crash occurs when I try to play the footage on the software that came with the camera.  I guess this means it's not a "PE7 problem," but I still need help and you are the most knowledgable and generous people I know!

I need to be able to work with these files, but I don't know where to look next.  Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks

Brian

System:

Win XP SP3

Intel Quad Core i5-750 2.66MHz

M/B: Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3

4 GB DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 5450 (1 GB)

Audio Card: M-Audio Delta Audiophile

5 HDD's (Seagate and WD: 3 SATA, 2 IDE), all are under 75% full

Power Supply: 500W

Premeire Elements 7