Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing dropdown hotspot content

Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to make extensive edits to our content, most of which is in drop-down hotspots.  Each topic within the project has lots of drop-down hotspots, and often several layers of hotspots nested within other hotspots.  Whether or not this was the best way to design the topics, it was done way back before my time and now we have to live with it. When you open the dropdown hotspot for editing, RH opens a small popup window, which you then have to resize. Is there a way to control the size of the popup when it opens, so that it always opens to maximum size?

I've tried opening the topics in other HTML editors, trying to find something that would display all the content at once, but haven't had any luck so far.  Anyone have any ideas that would help?

FWIW,

When you have nested drop-down hotspots you have to open, resize and rearrange each popup, so you wind up with layers windows within windows.  It's a nightmare for editing, so let that be a lesson for anyone considering setting up their Help this way. 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Normally I will advise folks to copy all the content from inside the itty bitty window and paste into a temporary blank topic. Make the edits, then select it all and copy it back and paste back into the itty bitty window.

I'm sure this will be a bit tedious with nested drop-downs, but that's the best I can think of.

Aside from this, edit using something like Notepad where you might see all the text content at the same time.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying.

Copying to a blank topic is probably just as tedious as resizing, but I'm going to experiment with it a bit.  If it's even a little bit easier, multiplied by 1700 topics it might be worth it.

As far as editing in Notepad or something, I'm fine with it, but we have some in our group that aren't very familiar with HTML, so I don't think it would work for eveyone.

The real answer, of course, is to get rid of those drop-downs, but that's a whole new can of worms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp