3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2011 7:23 PM by lereyjenkins

Error 0::42

lereyjenkins

I have been using the After Effects CS5 trial for a week, then suddenly, I get this error:

Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 1

adobe.com/support

After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was: <1208> <AppDirs> <5> Required Dir= C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS5\Support Files\Required

I would like to do as it says reinstall the product, but nothing happens when I click "uninstall" in the control panel. Just before this occured, I installed and used a program which is used to clean the Windows registry called Glary utilities. I also installed Sunbelt Counterspy, and Net Nanny. Would any of these programs affect it? I undid the registry cleaner, uninstalled and reinstalled quicktime already.

Before you ask, yes, my computer did meet all of the system requirements otherwise it wouldn't have worked from the beginning.

• 1. Re: Error 0::42
          lereyjenkins Level 1

OK, I figured out how to uninstall, but now after reinstall, I am getting the infamous "dynamiclinkmanager has stopped working" problem. I have allowed Adobe QT Server, dynamiclinkmanager, and After Effects through every security program I have, but I still get the error.

Help!

• 2. Re: Error 0::42
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You busted up your CoDecs with whatever fancy tool you used on your registry as well as launch options for services, it would seem. Use the CS5 Clean script from the support pages and try to reinstall again. And please, statements such as

Before you ask, yes, my computer did meet all of the system requirements otherwise it wouldn't have worked from the beginning.

are for all intents and purposes pointless. Yes, it may be sufficient, but when you experience problems it really makes things easier to know the exact system specs, don't you think? You didn't even mention your operating system, so how are we supposed to give you concrete advise?

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Error 0::42
              lereyjenkins Level 1

Ran the cleaner, followed the steps, etc. but it still happens. My OS is Vista 64 bit.