Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can not save attachment in Workspace ES

Former Community Member

Hello,

We currently have an issue of saving attachment in the Workspace ES. e.g. User submit a form with an attachment to route it to user 2. User 2 open it and try to save the attachment but the save button is not working. Does any one ever have this issue? If so, can you share the solution.

Thanks,

Han

11 Replies

Level 3

A couple of questions regarding your problem:

1) I'm assuming your talking about Workspace attachments (on the Workspace Attachments tab) and not Acrobat attachments added via Acrobat?

2) What are the permissions on the attachment added by user 1?

3) For user two is the Save button enabled or disabled?  Is it enabled but nothing happens?  Or does the File-> Save dialog pop up but does not save?

This may help in identifying the problem

Thanks,

Former Community Member

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply, below are the answers your questions:

1) Yes, it is an attachment in the Workspace on the Workspace Attachments tab.

2) Permissions are Read/Edit/Delete added by the user 1.

3) The Save button is visible, clicking on the Save button should pop up a Save Dialog to allow user to save to a specific location but it does not do anything.

SavePermmissions.JPG

Thanks,

Han

Level 3

Of course I forgot three important questions:

A) What browser are you using?

B) What is the file type for your attachment?

C) Do other file types work?

Former Community Member

Hi Robert,

A) We are still using Internet Explorer 7.0.

B & C) Can not save any file type no matter what file type is. e.g. pdf, jpg, doc, xls, etc.

Thanks,

Han Dao

Level 3

As you can tell from all my questions I am unable to reproduce your problem.

There must be something else to it.

Does this problem happen on other client machines?

Have you customized Workspace?

What OS are you using for your client machine?

Former Community Member

oh, I forgot to let you know that we are still using LC ES 8.2.1 with Service Pack 3.

The workspace is not customized and it is running on Windows XP with Service Pack 3.

Level 3

I have a WinXP SP3 box and am not seeing the problem hitting my LC ES 8.2.1.3 machine.

Has this ever worked for you?

Can you try it on another machine?

I played around with the pop-up blocker but I could not get it to block that dialog but you may want to look at that anyway.

Level 10

It looks weird. Any hints from server log?

I'm also trying to save and works fine.

Nith

Former Community Member

Thanks for all replies here. I think I figured out the issue of it. The save option was somehow disabled by the customized search function. The issue is fixed now.

Han Dao

Level 3

Oh you were running a search using a Search Template?

Can you let us know what it was in the search that caused the problem?

Thank you,

Former Community Member

Hi Robert,

Well, it is not the Search Template. It actually a customized Search for the form written by external vendor. For some reasons, it disable couple functions of the form. If we run it under the regular workspace then every thing work just fine but if we run it with the search then that "save" option does not work plus other functions like "can not add form to Favorites" and etc.

Han