A couple of questions regarding your problem:
1) I'm assuming your talking about Workspace attachments (on the Workspace Attachments tab) and not Acrobat attachments added via Acrobat?
2) What are the permissions on the attachment added by user 1?
3) For user two is the Save button enabled or disabled? Is it enabled but nothing happens? Or does the File-> Save dialog pop up but does not save?
This may help in identifying the problem
Thanks for the quick reply, below are the answers your questions:
1) Yes, it is an attachment in the Workspace on the Workspace Attachments tab.
2) Permissions are Read/Edit/Delete added by the user 1.
3) The Save button is visible, clicking on the Save button should pop up a Save Dialog to allow user to save to a specific location but it does not do anything.
Of course I forgot three important questions:
A) What browser are you using?
B) What is the file type for your attachment?
C) Do other file types work?
A) We are still using Internet Explorer 7.0.
B & C) Can not save any file type no matter what file type is. e.g. pdf, jpg, doc, xls, etc.
1 person found this helpful
As you can tell from all my questions I am unable to reproduce your problem.
There must be something else to it.
Does this problem happen on other client machines?
Have you customized Workspace?
What OS are you using for your client machine?
oh, I forgot to let you know that we are still using LC ES 8.2.1 with Service Pack 3.
The workspace is not customized and it is running on Windows XP with Service Pack 3.
I have a WinXP SP3 box and am not seeing the problem hitting my LC ES 126.96.36.199 machine.
Has this ever worked for you?
Can you try it on another machine?
I played around with the pop-up blocker but I could not get it to block that dialog but you may want to look at that anyway.
It looks weird. Any hints from server log?
I'm also trying to save and works fine.
Thanks for all replies here. I think I figured out the issue of it. The save option was somehow disabled by the customized search function. The issue is fixed now.
Oh you were running a search using a Search Template?
Can you let us know what it was in the search that caused the problem?
Well, it is not the Search Template. It actually a customized Search for the form written by external vendor. For some reasons, it disable couple functions of the form. If we run it under the regular workspace then every thing work just fine but if we run it with the search then that "save" option does not work plus other functions like "can not add form to Favorites" and etc.